Beef & Broccoli

With noodles, cooked on the wok over the the Vortex via the kettle.
Exactly why the Vortex was on my birthday list! I haven't used it with the wok yet......any idea what kind of temps you are getting in the wok? How much charcoal?

Looks tasty, Eric!

R

Exactly why the Vortex was on my birthday list! I haven't used it with the wok yet......any idea what kind of temps you are getting in the wok? How much charcoal?

Looks tasty, Eric!

R
I had probably 2/3 of a medium sized Vortex of previously used KBB which I added to the bottom of the Vortex. I added a couple of small chunks of post oak wood on top of the used coals, followed by about a 1/3 of a chimney of lit KBB. There was still about 1/4 of the Vortex full after the fire died. Temps with my infrared thermometer were around 600 degrees before I started to add the different ingredients. Overall this was to much coal, but since 2/3 of it was previously used, I didn't feel like I was wasting anything.

looking good! we do a lot of weber / wok stuff, and yea- you need to get it hot. Better too hot than not hot enough when woking, i feel. At least at the start to make sure your meat / protein sears up nice.

I had probably 2/3 of a medium sized Vortex of previously used KBB which I added to the bottom of the Vortex. I added a couple of small chunks of post oak wood on top of the used coals, followed by about a 1/3 of a chimney of lit KBB. There was still about 1/4 of the Vortex full after the fire died. Temps with my infrared thermometer were around 600 degrees before I started to add the different ingredients. Overall this was to much coal, but since 2/3 of it was previously used, I didn't feel like I was wasting anything.
Thanks, Eric!

Back