Will these fit into these?

Is it smaller than the previous kitchen? That's always a challenge.
new kitchen is larger but with less cabinets. pantry is 60% of the last one but we have 2 less people living at home so the pantry needs are less. we want nothing on the countertops for a clean look so that's forcing some stuff into the pantry.

but we're getting rid of stuff too. like i don't need 4 food processors so three are gone now. just a big change of need vs want. just getting down to what's needed now. it feels better to have less.

new kitchen is larger but with less cabinets. pantry is 60% of the last one but we have 2 less people living at home so the pantry needs are less. we want nothing on the countertops for a clean look so that's forcing some stuff into the pantry.

but we're getting rid of stuff too. like i don't need 4 food processors so three are gone now. just a big change of need vs want. just getting down to what's needed now. it feels better to have less.
Trust me. I get it... except for the 4 food processors. That might require a visit to a therapist and a copay.

Brett, I am feeling the “less needed” drive since I replaced appliances and did the new countertops. I can’t knock out a wall without spending a serious amount of money so, I opted for shedding extra “stuff” I don’t use, that’s been a couple of years now and I’m still sorting through that which is useful and that which is unnecessary. I love my kitchen aid but, it’s not used very often so, it has moved to the basement. Processor I use all the time so that’s on the counter.
Like I said, there isn’t a drawer that big in the whole house aside from dressers!

Trust me. I get it... except for the 4 food processors. That might require a visit to a therapist and a copay.
there was a reason to the 4. one was a small one, older LPP model that I was searching for a workbowl for as mine cracked. now it's totally disco'd and not anywhere to be found. so it leaves. one was kept as Kosher only for some catering i used to do. one of my my newer model's blade shaft cracked so i tossed that base out and kept the upper bowl (kosher still), so that got me down to two. one was my original base and upper bowl which was less expensive to buy a new machine on sale than to buy replacement bowls. that one is now gone too so I'm down to 1.

i bought a stick blender which did what the LPP model did so I picked up an efficiency by adding the stick blender.

now with 1 cuisinart FP and the stick blender, i am set. and with the smallest footprint needed.

i did buy a "garage" for my KA standmixer. basically a carrier bag so i can store it and its parts at the bottom of the pantry so i have clear countertops. the only item allowed on the countertops (goals here) is the nespresso machine since that gets used daily 3 times, usually.

Brett, I am feeling the “less needed” drive since I replaced appliances and did the new countertops. I can’t knock out a wall without spending a serious amount of money so, I opted for shedding extra “stuff” I don’t use, that’s been a couple of years now and I’m still sorting through that which is useful and that which is unnecessary. I love my kitchen aid but, it’s not used very often so, it has moved to the basement. Processor I use all the time so that’s on the counter.
Like I said, there isn’t a drawer that big in the whole house aside from dressers!
you need a bigger house!

Brett - you are taking all the fun out of swearing, drinking and kicking the cat while playing seek and find for the smoked paprika ...

Seriously, congrats on your new digs. I hope you're enjoying new place and getting things set up.

Brett - you are taking all the fun out of swearing, drinking and kicking the cat while playing seek and find for the smoked paprika ...

Seriously, congrats on your new digs. I hope you're enjoying new place and getting things set up.
I will not admit to how many doubles I found of slices due to an inability to find what I needed at that moment.

We’re slowly moving in. The slices was a huge success in clearing boxes out of the kitchen.

The old house should hit the market this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Back