Smoke Daddy "Big Stick" heat diffuser

It appears that the pellet pot heat burns hardwood sticks/chunks to create smoke like an offset smoker wood. It appears to be an accessory that has a pellet smoker produce the same smoke as an offset.

The problem here is that it can't possibly do that. What you'll wind up with is a lot of smoldering white smoke from those wood chunks, not the clean burning smoke from an offset. It'll probably produce something more akin to a charcoal smoker.

The problem here is that it can't possibly do that. What you'll wind up with is a lot of smoldering white smoke from those wood chunks, not the clean burning smoke from an offset. It'll probably produce something more akin to a charcoal smoker.
I agree with this. I just touched on the videos for a couple seconds and could only think the same thing.
Too much white makes bad food......if I try to smoke too low on the E6 it wants to go out then when you bring is back to life you will get a bit of white smoke......I hate seeing that.

I believe @Jon Tofte has one, if I recall correctly from a prior thread.
Wasn't able to try it out over the winter and tax season, but it is high on the list to give it a shot. I have never heard anything bad about it. For me, it was a way to try to get my Recteq to perform a little more like the Camp Chef Woodwind Pro that at least some reviewers call a "game changer." It could well be that I won't like the flavor it imparts, but I am looking forward to seeing for myself. Nice thing is that it's an optional feature. It might be better for something like brisket but not as good for some other meats. I will post when I have some results.

In fairness, smoke taste is completely subjective. I'm not saying it will necessarily impart a bad flavor. I'm just saying the claim that it's bringing stick burner flavor isn't valid. Pellet grills on their own give a very clean smoke. Some people prefer a dirtier smoke profile.

Back