LoL on the SmokeFire

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Brett inspired me with his Passover leg of lamb and I just had to try it. Luckily, they had plenty at Costco when I was there last Friday. They were already de-boned and netted up. I removed the netting and finished the job of butterflying, then rubbed in the marinade for about a 10 hour soak. The aroma was intoxicating and I wish I'd gone with a 24 hour marinade - next time. Onto the SF at 350 - with about an hour left to go, I put some red 'taters in a pan underneath that were given some EVOO, S&P, garlic powder, and oregano. Served up with some green beans. Good stuff and I can't wait to try it again.

1714426905907.jpeg

IMG_1394.jpeg

IMG_1397.jpeg

IMG_1401.jpeg

I pulled at 135 and it had a good rest while I grilled up some BSB for the Mrs. Didn't get a finished temp, but I'd guess 140-ish.
I grew up on Leg of lamb. My grandfather was a professor at Oregon State and the vet science department. Did research on sheep and when they slaughter one the meat that was good they would give it out. So we had legs of lamb in our freezer or fresh. My mom roasted them in the oven and made the best freaking gravy I've ever had. Thanks for the memories. That stuff looks just delicious

Back