"instant read" and IR thermometer in one

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I think this is a great idea to include an IR thermometer feature in with an instant read. The features and prices are great, however, there are a couple things I question.
First, I am not sure if it is the lighting and camera angles, but it looks like the display is not always easy to read. Second, it has a 4 second read time which I think is too long when trying to temp meat mid cook. But, otherwise it is a very interesting device.

I think this is a great idea to include an IR thermometer feature in with an instant read. The features and prices are great, however, there are a couple things I question.
First, I am not sure if it is the lighting and camera angles, but it looks like the display is not always easy to read. Second, it has a 4 second read time which I think is too long when trying to temp meat mid cook. But, otherwise it is a very interesting device.

I always wanted to try the thermoworks version. A little expensive though.

I just checked and it looks like 968 is the max for mine. I think I got it at Harbor Freight, Centech brand. Has October 2012 marked on it.

I just checked and it looks like 968 is the max for mine. I think I got it at Harbor Freight, Centech brand. Has October 2012 marked on it.
I am pretty sure I have the same one. Originally purchased for the boat we had to check engine temps and cooling system.

I got mine when I purchased our RV trailer for monitoring hub temps while traveling long distances with it. Sold the camper but still use it for grilling and various other things besides just playing with it. It shoots out a nice pin point red dot, like a laser pointer.

The chicken soup on the stove is 199 by the way.

Back