I will just leave this here

Have to ask the person who pushed it to the curb. It was two years ago that I picked that up and I don't remember where it was, but I am sure the house probably still glows at night.

Thanks BPratt.
I am going to swap in a E300 cook box and lid and drip tray into the Spirit 2 stand. The drip tray will hang a bit low for the lower slats, but that is just going to have to be OK. I found that the Spirit 2 cook box also has to mounting bolts in the front outer edges as well, but I already tapped in threads for the bolts into the cook box. I will probably put a SS 7/16 bolt on the back side as well. Otherwise, I think it is going to work out OK.

Here is the cook box from the Spirit II that I am trying to replace.

View attachment 91068

View attachment 91069
Bruce, I like your Yankee ingenuity. Way to improvise! I think a number of us will be interested in seeing how that comes together. (y)

I was just wondering if there is a thread devoted towards interchange-ability of parts from generation to generation? Genesis 2000 manifold works on Genesis Silver B, but not on a C, etc. If that makes sense?

I was just wondering if there is a thread devoted towards interchange-ability of parts from generation to generation? Genesis 2000 manifold works on Genesis Silver B, but not on a C, etc. If that makes sense?
Hi Cody, welcome to the forum.

There may be a parts interchangeable index out there but I think it’s just tribal knowledge.

When you buy parts from Amazon or whoever you can see if they also fit other models.

Rule of thumb

Manifolds, burner tubes and valves are not interchangeable between models and years

Manifolds assemblies can be swapped on the same model and year to change gas type

Cooking surfaces can be swapped as long as the firebox is the same dimensions

lids can usually be swapped as long as the firebox is the same dimensions

Drip pans can be swapped with minor modifications if you don’t care about aesthetics

Flavor bars can be cut to fit

Most little parts and fasteners are still available or are similar between models

Also wondering if the lids and doors on the side burner controlled Genesis s300 (I believe) are interchangeable with the front control e300?
Hi Cody, the doors can be swapped on the big genesis cabinet grills 2007 to 2015. The firebox is the same dimensions on the front and side control genesis grills of that era which gives you a clue that some parts may be interchangeable

There must be Bruce. Search ' Party Rental ' or ' Tool Rental ' or even a camping place. There has to be some place that will refill by the gallon that also doesnt care about expiration dates.
There may be Danny. There is a camp ground just up the road from me that does refills and they might not care a lot about the certification dates, but they also charge a lot more than other places.
for a 5lb tank, that would not be a concern, but a couple of 20 lb'ers might. I have about a dozen tanks right now and most are still within certification, so I just go over to my Tractor Supply. Last time it was $3.05 per lb. Depends on who the person is running the refill station. But usually they are pretty strict.

I have a feeling the Smokefire is going to become one of those products that were a blip in the Weber history books.

You know, quite honestly at $200, if there was a way to easily mod the mechanicals to use "off the shelf" parts yet keep the great functionality of the Weber controller and app. At $200 I'd be on that like white on rice

Thanks BPratt.
I am going to swap in a E300 cook box and lid and drip tray into the Spirit 2 stand. The drip tray will hang a bit low for the lower slats, but that is just going to have to be OK. I found that the Spirit 2 cook box also has to mounting bolts in the front outer edges as well, but I already tapped in threads for the bolts into the cook box. I will probably put a SS 7/16 bolt on the back side as well. Otherwise, I think it is going to work out OK.

Here is the cook box from the Spirit II that I am trying to replace.

View attachment 91068

View attachment 91069
"Relax, I can fix it"

Back