How do I turn a round roast into deli roast beef?

Sam-TX

TVWBB Fan
Select Eye of Round was $4/lb, and I got two. One is on its way to being jerky, but the other I want to turn into deli meat.

How do I do this??

I do bottom round in a Souse Vide for 30 hours at 130. Heavily seasoned with SPG makes ti tender, juicy and delicious.

I do bottom round in a Souse Vide for 30 hours at 130. Heavily seasoned with SPG makes ti tender, juicy and delicious.
Unfortunately I don't have such a fancy sous-vide machine. That seems super easy though. Vacuum packed?

I'm going to try this. I don't have a sous-vide, so I'm going to use my stovetop's smallest burner.

Hopefully the vacuum packaging plastic doesn't leech **** into the food.

The biggest challenge that I see is that the meat is "select" grade, "you can't get blood from a turnip!"

Looks delicious.

What internal temp do you cook it to?
Around 125, usually only takes 45 minutes using the rotisserie. Then rest it on the counter for a while before putting into the fridge and slice the next day. After a few cold sandwiches, I make hot ones as you do using au jus for dipping.

Back