Smoke Day 2022 - Baby Backs on the WSM 22

Peter Gallagher

TVWBB Wizard
A belated Happy Smoke Day everyone - Chris, congratulations on 18 years - pretty amazing! This year we did baby backs - just a couple of pics:

getting ready to sauce:

52109788701_959ce2a5d1_c_d.jpg

Sauced:

52110059559_41043de37c_c_d.jpg

...and plated - Served with some mac & cheese, Doris' garlic rolls and a arugula carrot salad which was really good - the first greens of the season of the garden - so yummy....

52110034429_139f91717e_c_d.jpg

its sort of a bittersweet Smoke Day this year with the passing of Bob and Cliff - I spotted this guy (Western Tanager) yesterday afternoon and of course thought of Bob and his love of birds - I didn't know Bob that well, but his contribution and impact to the group was pretty obvious. I got to know Cliff fairly well over the years - he was an amazing guy and great cook for all the right reasons.... They are both missed but not forgotten this Smoke Day weekend.

52109838423_d2f48c13cd_c_d.jpg

Tim,
The ribs look amazing and that plate shoot is just wow. I have thought a lot about Cliff and Bob also over this weekend. Pork steaks were on the menu, but got pushed out due to work interference. I want to make them as an honor to Bob here in the near future.

Back