What are you cooking for Smoke Day?

thinking Asian beef short ribs (flanken cut), cooked over real charcoal (lump) with some oak wood chunks for extra smoke flavor.

served with fresh avocado rolls, peanut dipping sauce, steamed jasmine rice and grilled tomatoes.

need to see what Costco has that looks good and appealing.

thinking Asian beef short ribs (flanken cut), cooked over real charcoal (lump) with some oak wood chunks for extra smoke flavor.

served with fresh avocado rolls, peanut dipping sauce, steamed jasmine rice and grilled tomatoes.

need to see what Costco has that looks good and appealing.

Kalbi one of our favorites with some good rice and Kimchi"s on the side as my wife can never have just ONE Kimchi.....

Now i just got a text that 82 VIP Guests have already signed plus Dr. Gene Kim ( you can see him on U tube great speaker keeps you wanting to hear more, I will also see up On the Navajo Nation in the first week of June, and that one goes on all week.
Anyway i was asked if i can do two Briskets, i only have a 18 and these would be like 13 lbs each before trimming I have never done two at a time this will be most interesting Grass Hopper...

Kalbi one of our favorites with some good rice and Kimchi"s on the side as my wife can never have just ONE Kimchi.....
might do some marinated vegetables, more Vietnamese style than kimchi. been laying off the heat for a while now, and feeling better for it.

Now i just got a text that 82 VIP Guests have already signed plus Dr. Gene Kim ( you can see him on U tube great speaker keeps you wanting to hear more, I will also see up On the Navajo Nation in the first week of June, and that one goes on all week.
Anyway i was asked if i can do two Briskets, i only have a 18 and these would be like 13 lbs each before trimming I have never done two at a time this will be most interesting Grass Hopper...
recco, don't do a heavy trimming. leave more fat cap on each brisket. it renders well and tastes great. and most will enjoy a nice piece of fat along with their meat that's well cooked and smoked; says from my experience(s).

The way the grass has been growing, the only thing smoking for sure this weekend will be the lawnmowers!

But there's a rack of small-farm spares in the freezer that I might be able to fit into the schedule.

Barb and I will be doing some Pepper Stout Beef (been a few years since I've made that) not yet sure on the E320 or Camp Chef. Sides will be corn on the bone and Barbs potato salad.
Really looking forward to a day with no doctor's appointments or any place else we have to go and just being on cruise control.

might do some marinated vegetables, more Vietnamese style than kimchi. been laying off the heat for a while now, and feeling better for it.

Our Kim chi is not really hot or spicy it has more of a vinegar taste and the fresh veggie crunch,there are so many different kinds of Kim chi way over 100, i love so many as it brings out different flavor, and taste to the bland foods like rice and such, Korean salsa. But i see your point in Have pulled back on my hotter foods also.

Back