Big price drop in spare ribs at Sams

Nice, baby backs are still $5/lb unfortunately.

Walmart currently has Smithfield baby backs for $3.24, St. Louis cut for $2.94, and full sparerib for $1.94/lb. This is in SoCal.

If I’m not mistaken, those baby backs come 3 slabs to a pack. Making me want to get some
They do but they are double the price now. I would get 6 for the price of 3. Very few people are paying that price. That goes for everything. Meat is full very few are buying. That's a good thing. Consumers need to wise up and stop buying and prices will drop quickly.

It is good to hear that the prices have dropped.
I am a cheap guy so I shop at several different stores for best pricing.
We don’t have a Sams where I’m at but we do have a Walmart.
I can’t remember the price per pound but I saw some Smithfield ribs at Walmart.
A single rack of ribs was about $8-9.
I’m like well… it’s Walmart Hmmm, no thank you.
I then went to Safeway they had the same ribs same brand for twice the price.
Twice the frigging price so I went back to Walmart and was happy with the ribs.
So lately I check all meat counters at the stores and compare pricing.
Safeway and Costco are consistently much higher in price but have items that I need.
I like to load up the freezer on holiday sales like the 4th of July or Memorial Day and use them later.
I used to make fun of my father in law for shopping multiple places because he was very well off and now I am that guy… other than being well off.
I am just a bit more money conscious now that I’m getting older.

Last week, they were approx $4.50 a pound, at $2.92 right now. Wish they were lower, but its some optimism, anyway
Probably clearing out what they stocked for Independence Day and didn't sell. I picked up some brats at Costco this week for under $1/lb because the last sale date was Friday.

I bought 2 racks of baby backs at GIANT, Manager's Special (clearance), $2.25 a pound. Lately, I don't buy any meat that isn't on clearance, I just cook what's on sale. It's all delicious anyway, why pay full price.

Pork shoulder at costco was 279... no salt water or bone but still tio mich for me i wait until 99 or less sale. Course if I need one it is still a good deal

I was shopping at Meijer yesterday and was going to buy one of the family pack of fresh chicken wings. Normally $12-13 per pack they were all $17+. Instead I got a family pack of thighs for under $5.

I was shopping at Meijer yesterday and was going to buy one of the family pack of fresh chicken wings. Normally $12-13 per pack they were all $17+. Instead I got a family pack of thighs for under $5.
I did the same, went in for wings. $13.00 a flat, I left with a dozen drumsticks on sale for $3.00.

Went to my local grocer this morning, spare ribs still high priced. Baby Backs were $6 a pound. And heavily market trimmed brisket flat at $10 a pound. I saw no packer briskets.

20210711_102302.jpg

I went into a PayLess yesterday to get some rice and chicken thighs for a Cajun dinner and ended up also grabbing a full brisket for $3.49 a pound (dropped from $6.99) and boneless pork shoulder for $1.99 a pound. No immediate plans to cook them, but I have a freezer in the basement, so I figured I had better grab them.

Probably clearing out what they stocked for Independence Day and didn't sell. I picked up some brats at Costco this week for under $1/lb because the last sale date was Friday.
Ha, I bought 3 boxes of them at $2.97 a box. They freeze well and are some of my favorite brats. I buy at full price all the time. The buns will cost more than the brats.

Ha, I bought 3 boxes of them at $2.97 a box. They freeze well and are some of my favorite brats. I buy at full price all the time. The buns will cost more than the brats.
I just repackaged the brats for freezing and was thinking I paid more for the vacuum bags I put them in than I did for the brats. Thankfully the vacuum bags can be re-used.

Side note about the brats, I've found they work very well in meatloaf. Remove the skins and mix in with the ground beef in lieu of ground pork. Can't touch ground pork for $0.85/lb.

Back