ThermoWorks Signals

Todd K Wisc

TVWBB Fan
I used the 20% off discount to buy a Signals 4 setup to replace by Smoke X 4 setup.

I tried it out and used it for the first time the other night. I want to use this on overnight cooks. When I hit temperature, my phone alerted me once, shut off, and that was it and it never beeped again (while I let the main unit continue to beep). I am concerned if I get a warning at night for low or high temp, it won't wake me up.

So, my question is there a way to have it continue to notify your phone if the main unit is still beeping?

Thanks in advance.

Todd

I think the problem may be with the do not disturb settings on the phone. You need to exempt the Thermoworks app.. This is why I've never really trusted the Signals vs. my Smoke for overnight cooks. I've also had the Signals just lock up on me before which is just lovely on a reverse sear. I almost wrecked some expensive steaks.

I think the problem may be with the do not disturb settings on the phone. You need to exempt the Thermoworks app.. This is why I've never really trusted the Signals vs. my Smoke for overnight cooks. I've also had the Signals just lock up on me before which is just lovely on a reverse sear. I almost wrecked some expensive steaks.
I modified the Do Not Disturb and will see if that fixes this - thank you for the tip.

Smoke is a no brainer and works fine, but I thought the cool graphs and technology would be nice and fun. Maybe I just keep both and don't worry about it. I was going to sell my Smoke x4

I like the Signals, there's just a slight distrust thing I have there. I love the graphs and the fact it has WIFI. I wish they made a gateway for the Smokex4. That would be a no brainer.

I use both. I find the Signals easier to control a fan with (I can change the settings without going outside), and for if I need others in my family to keep an eye on the cook while I'm multitasking.

The Smoke X4 is the old reliable tool, and I use its loud alarm if I need it to wake me up at night.

I like the Signals, there's just a slight distrust thing I have there. I love the graphs and the fact it has WIFI. I wish they made a gateway for the Smokex4. That would be a no brainer.

I requested this over a year ago. I posted it in my review and they followed up with me and they said they would forward it to their product team.

your iphone will ding each time the temp is out of zone (set by you). it'll beep for each reading which is per minute.

just don't keep ur phone on silent and you'll hear the annoying dings.

if you have your phone set for SLEEP at night, which blocks all notifications, then you won't hear anything. just keep your phone on regular setting so all notifications come through.

trust me, they're annoying. but they work.

Back