The Searwood has arrived!

ON the cooks he did. Would be nice to know more specifics than just number of hours. I've got a few briskets under my belt now and never took 24 hours. Would love to know how he kept a brisket on 24 hours and did not dry it out or over cook it. No claim to be an expert here. But have done enough to draw questions

ON the cooks he did. Would be nice to know more specifics than just number of hours. I've got a few briskets under my belt now and never took 24 hours. Would love to know how he kept a brisket on 24 hours and did not dry it out or over cook it. No claim to be an expert here. But have done enough to draw questions
That wasn't Sambo, just an FYI.

While not 24 hours on the smoker, this is a ~24 hour process. I basically did this a few days ago, but used lower temps after the wrap. Total time on the cooker was about 17-18 hours, with a ~4.5 hour rest.

I have the Weber Crafted adapter and a few accessories for my Genesis II. I went to use the searing grate on the Searwood and looks like I need a new adapter. Anyway, I just threw the searing grate on top of the Searwood grates and it worked just fine (will get the adapter when I get a chance). Had some nice sous vide’d strip steaks and cranked the grill to 10 in manual mode. Didn’t take too long for the grate to heat up and the steaks came out with better taste and sear marks than I got on the Genesis. Highly recommend this accessory.

Does the controller just give you these numbers 1-10, or does it also provide actual temperature readings?
You can see the temperature on the app but for some reason they don't display it on the grill controller. I left the lid closed until it got to around 500F and lifted the lid so it wouldn't get much above 500F. I used an infrared gun to check the searing grate temps.

Great crust on those burgers. This thing seems to be hitting a home run so far. Is the brisket video he mentioned out yet?

Back