New The Huntsman Kettle Kamado Grill from Spider coming.

It is kind of a strange response, as the primary purpose of the SnS is to create a distinct direct sear side and an indirect side.

The response shown seems to imply that it is more for temperature control system or something. Just doesn't make a lot of sense...I don't need any other "temperature control" in my WSK either, but I have created a SnS type separator as one of my favorite charcoal setups is using the upper charcoal grate and coals on 1/2 and indirect on other. The "SnS" prevents the "sideways" directed cooking. Probably use this for 80% of what I cook.

It is kind of a strange response, as the primary purpose of the SnS is to create a distinct direct sear side and an indirect side.

The response shown seems to imply that it is more for temperature control system or something. Just doesn't make a lot of sense...I don't need any other "temperature control" in my WSK either, but I have created a SnS type separator as one of my favorite charcoal setups is using the upper charcoal grate and coals on 1/2 and indirect on other. The "SnS" prevents the "sideways" directed cooking. Probably use this for 80% of what I cook.
Could you post a picture of your setup (should probably go in the WSK thread)? Always interested in different ways to use the WSK.

I think the response is strange also but there was also this response which I was talking about:

@itswiz4785

1 month ago
Does it work with a slow and sear?

@SpiderGrills
1 month ago
Yes!

I don't use a diffuser when I am doing ribs, rib eye roasts or pork butts I use indirect using the SNS Deluxe. I use water till I wrap don't refill after I wrap don't see what point that would be. I can run 275 pretty easilly which is my preferred temp might have to play around with the vents slightly but not really that much.

I like having the charcoal contained also making sure its not against the sides of the kettle easier cleanup also for any chunks that did not burn.

I am thinking that they may think that since the metal is so thick on the Huntsman vs the Weber kettle you should just bank the coals against the side of the grill for indirect or creating a hot spot. Also the vertical vs concave sides may also be helpful. Just thoughts

Well, I sure hope the first thing you guys do when you get them is a lot of cooks with a slow n sear. I believe we’ve only seen a piece of salmon and one pork butt done on the grill so clearly more food needs to be cooked different ways. It’ll be fun to watch..

SLOW N SEAR on the HUNTSMAN

Here's a quick, abbreviated video of someone doing burnt ends using a Slow-N-Sear on a Huntsman. A little different from how I have done them, but interesting. Seems like the SNS works fine. I received this link in an email from Spider, so they must approve:

Back