Genesis 1000 rebuild

RobGlassett

Just wanted to post a couple pics of my rebuild. S/N KL1 55291 which from what I gather is a '93 era grill. Always stored in garage so it is in great condition and didn't require much work. Flavorizer bars from RCplanebuyer - highly recommend! Thanks for all the information gathered on this forum!

Attachments

• IMG_7404.JPEG
    IMG_7404.JPEG
    231.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7409.JPEG
    IMG_7409.JPEG
    260.7 KB · Views: 39
Very nice job, the slats aren't quite right if I was going to criticize anything but overall looks great.

Very nice job, the slats aren't quite right if I was going to criticize anything but overall looks great.
Steve, yeah It's the original wood. I just sanded down a little and re-stained. Are you referring to the color of stain? Just trying to educate myself so I can do correctly next go around. Thanks!

Steve, yeah It's the original wood. I just sanded down a little and re-stained. Are you referring to the color of stain? Just trying to educate myself so I can do correctly next go around. Thanks!
No, the color is fine. That's a totally personal preference anyway. They just look off somehow, I think it's the spacing. The gaps look too big.

Hmm, that's the same spacing as original. Kept them in original order even and used the same holes. Must have been up to the assembler at the hardware store that day. LOL Now I'm going to be looking even harder at the wood spacing on other grills! Thanks for the feedback.

Hmm, that's the same spacing as original. Kept them in original order even and used the same holes. Must have been up to the assembler at the hardware store that day. LOL Now I'm going to be looking even harder at the wood spacing on other grills! Thanks for the feedback.
Maybe they thinned out over the years. Maybe it's just the pictures, maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut 😁

Back