The Humor Thread

A preacher and a cab driver die and find themselves in heaven. St. Peter tours them around their new digs.

They stop at a phenomenal mansion. St. Peter tells the cab driver, "Because of your contributions to mankind, this mansion is now yours." The cabbie thanks St. Peter profusely and strolls off to his new mansion.

As St. Peter and the preacher continue their walk, the preacher privately thinks, "Well if a common cab driver gets such an incredible mansion, I wonder what's in store for me?"

They stop beside a run-down, disheveled home. St. Peter tells the preacher, "Welcome to your new home."

The preacher, not wishing to sound ungrateful, tells Peter, " I don't get it. I spent my life in service to God, so why do I get such a humble home in the afterlife?"

St. Peter thinks briefly and replies:

"Here's the thing. We are entirely results-based here in heaven. Every time you preached on Sundays, your congregation fell asleep."

Peter continued, "But every time that cab driver drove, his riders prayed to God."

Well, I thought that this site had bitten the dust. I haven't been about to get on, I guess since the "upgrade" back in February. What I get is message saying that the site can't be reached and it taking too long to respond. After tryin for a couple of weeks I simply gave up. Then, last week I got an email telling me what I had been missing on the site. Wow ! ! I jumped right back on and got the same error message. But this time I knew the site was till alive. So I poked around here and there and finally back on.

Yes, I tried clearing my cashe and browsing history.
Yes, I tried a different browser.
Yes, I know that you guys are probably all experiencing nothing like this and have no problems getting to and interreacting with the site.
Yes, I know that I can get to dozens and dozens an dozens of other sites without issue.
So, Yes, I know that the only problematic connection in the entire World Wide Web is my laptop and TVWBB.com.

Now, at least, I get the error message and just have to wait a minute or 2 to get to the site. Still have problems with pages loading in a timely manner, especially those with picture. And I still get this all the f-ing time . . .

1716166532573.png

But, it is what it is.

So, I'm back. But after 3 months, I'm not going back through all the memes that I've missed. Hopefully I don't post too many duplicates . . .

BD

Last edited:
img_8069-jpeg.802599

BD

Well, I thought that this site had bitten the dust. I haven't been about to get on, I guess since the "upgrade" back in February. What I get is message saying that the site can't be reached and it taking too long to respond. After tryin for a couple of weeks I simply gave up. Then, last week I got an email telling me what I had been missing on the site. Wow ! ! I jumped right back on and got the same error message. But this time I knew the site was till alive. So I poked around here and there and finally back on.

Yes, I tried clearing my cashe and browsing history.
Yes, I tried a different browser.
Yes, I know that you guys are probably all experiencing nothing like this and have no problems getting to and interreacting with the site.
Yes, I know that I can get to dozens and dozens an dozens of other sites without issue.
So, Yes, I know that the only problematic connection in the entire World Wide Web is my laptop and TVWBB.com.

Now, at least, I get the error message and just have to wait a minute or 2 to get to the site. Still have problems with pages loading in a timely manner, especially those with picture. But, it is what it is.

So, I'm back. But after 3 months, I'm not going back through all the memes that I've missed. Hopefully I don't post too many duplicates . . .

BD

Glad you're back. But you're missing a ton of good memes if you don't surf through. ;)

Italian variant. He smells her cooking meatballs, and gravy meat for Sunday Gravy. He summons every last ounce of strength, crawls to the kitchen spies a plate of them waiting to go in the gravy and reaches up to the table. The wife slaps his hand away "Go back to bed atsa for da Funeral"

Back