Quartz v granite counter tops.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Worried about the heat issues with quartz any thoughts? Need to choose soon for new kitchen.

I'd go quartz all the way. Looks just as cool, easier to care for, repairable (if needed), lower maintenance. And lastly le$$ expen$ive

Quartz. I don’t put hot pans on it, only on the stove top.

Very low maintenance and lots of colors and styles to choose from. And look stunning.

Granite required sealing and care over time. I personally find granite too visually busy and loud. I prefer the calming details of my quartz tops.

I just put in quartz in as well. We don't put hot pans/pots on it but haven't done that with any countertop surface over the years. We would typically throw down a trivet or thick pot holder. Or, just keep it on the stove as Brett mentioned.

We also just redid our counters last fall and went with Quartz. Love it so far. We always used a hot pad for hot pans or left them on the stove so no real change in methods for us with the Quartz. It replaced 30 year old laminate counters so if the Quartz lasts that long it will more than likely be up to the next owner to replace it.

Thank you all.
I’m feeling the quartz, I’m trying to talk my wife in to a mostly white kitchen.
It’s her space though so whatever she decides is ok. Just leave me the garage and back yard.

Sorry but I’ll stay with granite. My counters are Red Dragon which is one of the hardest types. After 16 years, still looking and working great. Scrub and seal it bout once a year. Kitchen is small and it’s not a lot of effort.

Thank you all.
I’m feeling the quartz, I’m trying to talk my wife in to a mostly white kitchen.
It’s her space though so whatever she decides is ok. Just leave me the garage and back yard.
I hear you. We upgraded our kitchen last year. Wife made most of the decisions. My job was to say " yes " open boxes and install.
I wanted man made or solid surface but she was bent on granite. Good thing was we found a local guy that did a great job at a better price.
Cutouts for drop in cook tops and sinks add to the price.

Sorry but I’ll stay with granite. My counters are Red Dragon which is one of the hardest types. After 16 years, still looking and working great. Scrub and seal it bout once a year. Kitchen is small and it’s not a lot of effort.
We did a 15 year sealer that they offered. It cost $ 324.00 and guaranteed.
We'll see.

Thank you all.
white kitchen and kids..... while white is on trend right now, and is usually timeless, having kids in an all white kitchen will make keeping it all clean a challenge. we went with light grey cabinets, white quartz tops and a a multi colored backsplash. mind you, we don't have littles anymore so we decided we could own nice things now.

1715888991727.jpeg

Last edited:
white kitchen and kids..... while white is on trend right now, and is usually timeless, having kids in an all white kitchen will make keeping it all clean a challenge. we went with light grey cabinets, white quartz tops and a a multi colored backsplash. mind you, we don't have littles anymore so we decided we could own nice things now.

View attachment 91137
Is that an island or a dance floor?
And 4 butts on a interior door?
Outstanding!

Is that an island or a dance floor?
And 4 butts on a interior door?
Outstanding!
its 12' or 13' long. dance with caution.
doors are 8' and hard cap is 10'. wait till i show the pic of what i did in the pantry. i got use of all 10' interior space!!!
single story and i wanted ceiling space above me. i'm 6'2. it feels like a 2 story but is a 1.
thanks. this has been my project since last June. we're excited to be living in it. now the old home needs a buyer. hopefully someone pulls trigger soon.

View attachment 91137
I’m asking for the mini version of this.

Granite is actually porous and will stain if abuse.
It is however nowhere near as porous as marble or as fragile.
Corian or sylstone can be repaired if chipped and require no sealer.

I went with granite countertops and window sills with travertine backsplash above the granite backsplash.
I recommend getting your window sills done at the same time because it’s a nice complement and if granite it will match.

This is our California kitchen as I was I remodeling it few years ago.
I’m still happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 13
We did quartz during our kitchen renovation.

We have a window at the kitchen sink and deleted all window trim. We had a matching quartz window sill made. We have a ceramic back splash which goes to the ceiling at the sink area and uses Schluter strip edging with ceramic returns at the window.IMG_5965.JPG

Back