Propane Tank with Quick Connect

John-NY

TVWBB Super Fan
Picked up an old Genesis 2000.
It has a propane tank quick connect, and is confirmed to be LP by the serial number.

I’ve never seen LP quick connect before and didn’t even know it was a thing. My desire is to sell off the propane tanks separately.

It doesn’t seem like a tank can be converted to threads if it’s already a quick connect, but an adapter can be used.

I guess my real question is for anyone with experience trying to sell these tanks: Will my target audience be infinitely smaller of potential buyers for these quick connect tanks?

Just trying to understand if I will have to basically give these tanks away or be stuck waiting for the “perfect buyer”. IMG_3349.jpegIMG_3348.jpeg

My 1998 Genesis came with the quick connect fitting and tank. When my Ace hardware refused to refill those tanks at the ten year mark I exchanged the tanks for new ones and replaced the regulator with a new acme fitting. I doubt anyone would actually pay anything for tanks that can't be refilled so I would do what Larry mentioned above and what I was forced to do 15 years ago. I do remember being a little upset at having to jump through those hoops since my tanks were still in good shape.

I get a couple quick connect tanks a year. I always save the male connector and hose for potential future use.

If the tank has gas you can put the quick connect hose assembly on your grill and consume the gas.

If you are comfortable with gas fittings, the male connector can be swapped onto a regulator hose assembly replacing the acme nut if you want a newer regulator.

For the tank just exchange it when it’s empty like Larry says. They don’t make sense anymore with the toolless acme nut regulator hose assemblies

Back