My other hobby - what’s yours

How about music? I have old 78's, 45's, LP's, tapes, I just don't have the heart to get rid of them And don't get me started on cookbooks lol
Hey as far as I'm concerned a hobby is a hobby,, well as long as it ain't set'n on the couch playing video games! Anything beats that though.

I used to fly fish too, have not wetted a line in over 20 years. Should sell my stuff too!
there is a ton of “stuff” around here that should be sold or given away, camera equipment that I no longer use, fishing tackle, cookbooks need to be pared down as well!
I hear Ya! My garage has 10 pounds of crap in a 9 pound garage. I have to pick something up to put something down. Same within the house, we moved from a 3200 sq ft house to a 1600 sq ft house and really didn't get rid of half what we should have. 10 years later nothing's changed.

Used to ski a lot back east when the knees and back were good..Got into G scale railroading in Ma before we moved west. Pretty heavy into that, which can get expensive as heck. Sold off most of it before coming here, now just have to get around to installing a small layout here. Have a Lionel Christmas bumper car going now. This was the collection before mostly being sold off. Still have LGB rail truck and little sound tender plus some track. Couldn't load movie track of layout.

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 14
The first two photos are from our first layout. We downsized to a much smaller home, the second two pictures are a switching layout I'm working on now.

View attachment 83655
View attachment 83658

View attachment 83656View attachment 83657
When I was younger, roughly 8 or 9 until….well I guess until I got into girls then cars took over (🤣) I was HUGELY into mode trains. This would have been mid ‘90’s and I was an outlier with other kids. I had Lionel stuff (still do) so I lacked any room to build a layout. Have thought about getting into it again.

OU football. I've been a season ticket holder since my freshman year in 1991. Prior to last year I had missed 5 home games since 1991. We moved to SE Georgia last year so I only made 2 games. Next year we join the SEC so we'll be going to more games. Get Bama and Tennessee in Norman and we're going to travel to Oxford and Auburn for road games. Love college football and every Saturday during the fall I'm either at a game or watching football all day at home. Wife is an Ohio State fan so we have a lot of fun with it. This is our living room setup for football.

PXL_20230930_205833394.jpg

Now, we have yet another hobby.... Disney. Since moving to Georgia we were able to get Disneyworld season passes last June. Since then we've been averaging 2 long weekends trips per month to Disney. When we lived in OKC we would do family trips every other year to Disney with the kids. Now, that all our kids are grown it's the wife and I enjoying the parks, resorts, and restaurants on our own... And, it's glorious. Lol. Our days there are a few hours in the morning at a park, back to the resort for a few hours of drinking by the pool, then to a park for dinner and fireworks. We've also gone for the Food and Wine Festival, the Halloween party, and last weekend went for the Christmas party. Next trip will be a week for New Year's. They do a full New Year's celebration at Magic Kingdom on the 30th. Then we'll do beers around the world on NYE at Epcot. And, spend all day on the 1st watching bowl games. Then a full day at Hollywood Studios before back home to start a new year.

This was me and the wife, both daughters and our son in law at Hollywood Studios in October. We did the Halloween party the night before at Magic Kingdom.

Screenshot_20231017-182451.png

Someday I might get back to my OTHER hobby of golf. Lol. Someday...

I suffer from ADD.
I can’t even count all the hobbies I took up over the years.
For the most part I enjoy building things.
Old motorcycles, race bikes and gas powered bicycles are fascinating to me.
Diving/Spear fishing/boating took old age to slow me down but I might revive that.
I change hobbies every few years and now I go back and review some which is nice because I have the gear for most of it still.

I’m currently in the cooking hobby but might soon go to the healthy weight loss dieting hobby 🤷.

Back