Cleaning stainless steel

John Neuser

TVWBB Fan
Hi folks. I know this is a Weber gas grill forum. My question is about cleaning my Charbroil stainless grill. I do have a Weber Smokey Mountain so I hope you'll let me in the door. 😁

I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to clean and polish the body of the grill. I searched the forum and found one individual using fine steel wool and Barkeepers Friend cleaner. I started using Never-Dull. Works pretty good and leaves a nice smooth finish. Wondering what others are doing to clean and polish your grills. I'm asking because I ran out of Never-Dull so before I buy more I thought I'd check with you folks who do a lots of restos to see what you use. Thank you. BTW, there are some great looking restorations on here. Pretty talented group.

On weber grills, I use bar keepers friend but not with steel wool. I use a fairly soft green scrubby and always work in the direction of the grain.

I tend to not use steel wool as it leaves behind tiny particles that embed in the stainless and will rust.

Yeah steel wool not the best choice. Lotsa people like the BKF. Me? I found it useless and a waste of my time. Found way better with simple Windex and ScotchBrite pad

or

or

or

or

all have worked well over the years on many different appliances. i personally like the last one, the Zep 19 oz Heavy Duty cleaner. it cuts through all junk and never leaves marks or scratches as i use paper towels to get the heavy grime off and then wash cloths for near final cleanups, and then toss those in the washing machine with other kitchen towels/rags.

Back