The Searwood has arrived!

Yeah, I thought that too! But was second guessing thinking maybe it's only in manual mode that the Searwood can grill for extended periods of with the lid up.
Ahhh, then so why didn't he use that? Wonder if he read the manual? RTFM. When I was a tech support rep and a trainer for a major office equip company, if a tech called me with no manual in hand I was done. "call me when you have a service manual and schematic"

Ahhh, then so why didn't he use that? Wonder if he read the manual? RTFM. When I was a tech support rep and a trainer for a major office equip company, if a tech called me with no manual in hand I was done. "call me when you have a service manual and schematic"

Yep! See it's right there on the website plain as day... Granted whoever put the page together didn't do a great job of matching the image with the text below it... Not only is there no griddle in the image, a keen eye would easily see that the grill is not in manual mode (unless I've been misinformed and the controller actually does display a temperature in manual mode). Besides, who in their right mind would cook ribs with the lid open!?!

1716245391692.png
*Note: Highlighting added for emphasis.

Sambo - clean-up of Searwood. He's complaining, but for 30-40 hours this is not really bad. And the ash / grease made it to the scrapable pan.

I've watched all his videos on the Searwood. I know he had issues with the Smokefire. He can be a little nitpicky, but that's OK. He does bring up some real points, even if they aren't deal breakers. (Like the cover not being long enough to keep the bottom shelf dry.) Even with some of the grumbling on that last video he mentioned in the comments that he'd still buy the Searwood.

Yeah, for 30+ hours that's not bad. It only takes 5 minutes to do a basic clean so I'm just in the habit of doing it before each use. It's very easy.

Just added the front folding table o my Searwood XL. Very high quality and adds needed table space. Hunting for side table that seems no one has.

I used the manual mode a couple of times now and even though they say it's open lid mode I have found you need to close the lid, at least at the beginning, to build up the heat. Also, maybe they will mod the software but yeah the controller display only shows manual mode intensity but the app shows both the intensity and temp which is nice.

Just added the front folding table o my Searwood XL. Very high quality and adds needed table space. Hunting for side table that seems no one has.

I used the manual mode a couple of times now and even though they say it's open lid mode I have found you need to close the lid, at least at the beginning, to build up the heat. Also, maybe they will mod the software but yeah the controller display only shows manual mode intensity but the app shows both the intensity and temp which is nice.
Same, I added the front table as well. My strategy for manual mode has been pre-heat the Searwood to 500+ on normal mode, them switch to manual mode when I'm ready to cook. Especially with the griddle as this give the griddle time to get really hot. I agree than it loses a lot of heat with the lid open even on manual, so I tend to close it as well. It works pretty well, but cooking a bunch of burgers lid open would be iffy. Even at 10. Lids closed...no problem.

Back