My other hobby - what’s yours

It has been soo long since I have done this, that I almost forgot about it. Living in Florida, OF COURSE, my favorite hobby is FISHING!!!!!! One of my favorite memory is the time DH and I went fishing in a nice big boat we rented. I was able to put a pole out a window and watch TV at the same time. 🥰

I enjoy working in my yard and homebrewing.

I have a cpl acres in N AL that keeps me pretty busy. I get a lot of self satisfaction and pride from a good looking property. I’m not a ‘stay off my lawn’ guy though. I enjoy it when the grandkids play football or pick the flowers. And I grow a few vegetables. It’s meant to be used.

I don’t drink that much so besides brewing small batches, I had to find ways to give away my HomeBrew projects. So I joined a HomeBrew club and enter homebrew competitions. Earlier this year, I joined the Master HomeBrew Program and have progressed from unranked to ‘Recognized Brewer’ status on my way to Master Homebrewer. Additionally, I have a personal goal of scoring 30+ in all 41 categories of beer, mead, and cider. After 12 competitions, I have placed 7 times and am 29% towards my goal.

Last edited:

Back