Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
The Thumb
9393 East Bell Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
(480) 513-8186
Breakfast 7:00-11:00 AM, Lunch 11:00 AM - Close

Mrs. TVWB and I recently ate barbecue at The Thumb while visiting Arizona for Spring Training baseball. Featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and located in Northeast Scottsdale just off the AZ 101 N Loop, The Thumb is another example of a barbecue joint located in a gas station with car wash and convenience store.

The barbecue was quite good. I ordered a brisket sandwich with tater tots and Mrs. TVWB ordered a pulled pork sandwich. We cut both sammies in half so we could share and I liked them both equally. Both meats were tender, with the brisket sandwich featuring garlic aioli on Texas Toast and the pulled pork sandwich including slaw, pickles, and raw onions on the side that you could add to your liking. And the tots were hot and crispy...I'm a sucker for tots whenever I see them on a menu!

All the usual suspects are on the menu...brisket, pork, chicken, sausage, St. Louis-style pork ribs, plus burgers, tacos, and a Cuban sandwich. They even serve breakfast burritos and sandwiches from 7:00-11:00 AM!

So when you're in the Scottsdale area, don't hesitate to stop in and fill-up your tank--and stomach--at The Thumb!

IMG_6724[1].JPG

IMG_6725[1].JPG

IMG_6726[1].JPG

IMG_6722[1].JPG

IMG_6721[1].JPG

IMG_6714[1].JPG

IMG_6713[1].JPG

IMG_6710[1].JPG

IMG_6711[1].JPG

IMG_6717[1].JPG

IMG_6716[1].JPG

IMG_6718[1].JPG

IMG_6708[1].JPG

IMG_6715[1].JPG

IMG_6720[1].JPG

IMG_6723[1].JPG

I'll have to add that one to my list and go have lunch there the next time we go down to surprise to see my daughter.
As a side note, my daughter rents out their house to one of the spring training teams each year. They have to move out for two months and go live in their travel trailer at Lake Pleasent. It's a nice gig. The house is rented by team management for couches and staff so no party's or problems. It's a 2600 Sq Ft home so they can get quite a few people in it.
What they make on the rent pays their mortgage for the next eight months.

Last edited:
Chris, do they know you posted this? And how lucky they were to have YOU for a customer?
Regarding the first part...Yes, they do. I posted a link to this thread on Facebook and Instagram and The Thumb saw it on Instagram.

Regarding the second part...it's sweet of you to say that! 😍

Back