1989 Weber Dealer Product Catalog

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
1989 Weber Dealer Product Catalog

Thanks to TVWBB member @Jon Tofte and our friends at the Weber Kettle Grill Giants Facebook Group for sharing this 1989 product catalog for Weber dealers. It's a 36-page full-color brochure that highlights Weber products and accessories for 1989, including samples of Weber print advertising and retail point-of-sale displays for that year.

The 1989 catalog also debuts the Genesis 4 and 5 gas grills.

This catalog marks the transition from a product-centric design in 1988 to a lifestyle-centric design for 1989, with lots of photos of families and friends gathered around Weber grills. I also noticed the mauve color scheme on many pages, which was a popular design color in the mid- to late-1980s.

Enjoy!
Chris

Page6-7.jpg

Thanks, Chris! I am glad the Weber Kettle Grill Giants willingness to share has helped us fill in some important holes in our archives.

I noted elsewhere, but 1989 marked the year that the Jr. became The Junior and no longer the "XX or XXI." I think it is interesting that they made this change with no attention being given to it.

This one definitely has a more elegant (at least in a 1980s way) feel and, as you said, is way more lifestyle-centric than the previous brochures.

Thank you for taking the extra time to overcome the file challenges we had with this one.

Back